* Lumiere Gallery is having a film screening at the Atlanta History Center of "My Eyes Were Fresh: The Life and Photographs of John Gutmann" this Sunday, April 6th, at 3pm. There will be a panel discussion following the film with Ellen Fleurov and Sylvia Naguib. The screening compliments Lumiere's exhibition
of Guttman's work, which is up until April 26th.
* A participant in last year's ACP 9 Portfolio Review, Ellen Susan
's ambrotype portrait of PFC William Burnett won an Honorable Mention in Santa Fe's Center for Photography Singular Image
competition. It's great to see Ellen's work getting attention. Congrats!
© Ellen Susan
* Davis | Waldron
is having a reception for Vicki Ragan this Thursday, April 3rd, at 6 pm. Ragan's retrospective will be on view until April 25th.
on Edgewood, a participating venue in ACP 9, is closing today, which is a big loss to the Edgewood community. Stop in and get your last Mocha Freezie.
* Task Force for the Homeless
has a great photography program, where residents learn the ins-and-outs in a darkroom at their space on Peachtree and Pine. ACP has collected cameras for them, and a recent post on craigslist
shows they're in need of camcorders, too. The contact person is Tony Thomas
* A longtime favorite for local photographers, the Oakland Cemetery was heavily damaged by the tornado. Please see their site
to learn how you can help
* Our friends at the New Orleans Photo Alliance have a call-to-artists for a juried show of animal photos called "Critters
", judged by Keith Carter.
* And Callanwolde
has an opening on Friday, April 4th at 7 pm of Amy Arrington's night photography. The show is called "The Colors of Dreams".
© Amy Arrington
* And if you missed Fereydoon Family’s show at Whitespace, localephemera has an excellent post about Fereydoon’s artist lecture
. Even better is his coverage (localephemera aka Jonathan Bouknight) of McCallum/Tarry's show
at Kiang Gallery, which is up through April 19th.
If you participated in ACP 9 as a venue or an artist, feel free to send your show notices or news to email@example.com, or snail mail them to Atlanta Celebrates Photography, 1135 Sheridan Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30324